Cisco IE-3010-16S-8PC network switch Fast Ethernet (10/100) Black 1U Power over Ethernet (PoE)
The Cisco® Industrial Ethernet 3010 Series (IE 3010) is a family of rack-mount L2/L3 switches provide fiber SFP layer 3 aggregation and Power over Ethernet (PoE) configurations in the harsh industrial environment. It brings ...
The Cisco® Industrial Ethernet 3010 Series (IE 3010) is a family of rack-mount L2/L3 switches provide fiber SFP layer 3 aggregation and Power over Ethernet (PoE) configurations in the harsh industrial environment. It brings Cisco's leadership in switching to industrial Ethernet application with innovative features, robust security, and end- to-end Ethernet in the industrial network.
The Cisco IE 3010 Series features:
- Industrial design and compliance
- Tools for easy deployment, management, and replacement
- Market leading resiliency and availability features
- Network performance for the most demanding applications
- Network security based on open standards
- Integration of IT and industrial networks
The Cisco IE 3010 Series is an ideal product for Industrial Ethernet applications, including factory automation, process automation and control, intelligent transportation systems (ITSs), rail transport, and mass transit.
The Cisco IE 3010 offers:
- Design for Industrial Ethernet applications, including extended environmental, shock/vibration, and surge ratings; a complete set of power input options; and fanless convection cooling
- Compliance to a wide range of industrial applications covering automation, intelligent transportation, railways, and mass transit markets
- Compact 1-RU (rack unit), 19” rack mounting or wall mounting, both front and rear LED panels to allow reverse mounting
- Support for fiber aggregation (16 SFP ports) and PoE (8 ports) configurations
- Transparent IT integration with the support of Layer 3 functionality in IP Services software
- Tools and features such as Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) persistence for easy deployment, management, and device replacement
- Removable SD flash memory (Swap Drive feature), allowing the user to quickly replace a switch in the field
- High availability, deterministic quality of service (QoS) behavior, and reliable security using Cisco IOS® Software
- Recommended software configurations for industrial applications preconfigured using Smartport macros
- Improved resiliency with the support of Cisco Resilient Ethernet Protocol (REP) for ring topology and Flex Link, Link State Tracking, and EtherChannel for other topologies
- High security using support of port-security, encrypted access (Secure Shell [SSH] Protocol, HTTPS, Simple Network Management Protocol Version 3 [SNMPv3]), and other network protection features
- Cisco Prime LMS, it provides an extensive library of easy-to-use feature to automate the day-to-day management of your Cisco network infrastructure
The Cisco IE 3010 Series includes the following products:
- Cisco IE-3010-24TC: Rugged Industrial Ethernet switch with 24 10/100BASETX ports and 2 dual-purpose Gigabit Ethernet uplinks. The dual-purpose Gigabit Ethernet uplinks consist of two 10/100/1000BASETX ports and two 100/1000 SFP ports on board. The user can select two fiber ports, two copper ports, or a combination of fiber and copper ports
- Cisco IE-3010-16S-8PC: Rugged Industrial Ethernet switch with 16 Fast Ethernet SFP ports, 8 10/100BASETX/PoE ports, and 2 dual-purpose Gigabit Ethernet uplinks
- SIELBK9T-15002SE: Layer 2 LAN Base image
- SIEISK9T-15002SE: Upgradable Layer 3 IP Services image
- PWR-RGD-LOW-DC/IA: Low DC (24/48V) power supply module for the IE-3010 switch
- PWR-RGD-AC-DC/IA: High AC/DC (88-300VDC/85-264VAC) power supply module for the IE-3010 switch
The Cisco Industrial Ethernet 3010 Series Switches is supported in Cisco IOS Software. The minimum software versions are as follows:
- Layer 2 support (LAN Base image): Cisco IOS Software Release 12.2(53)EZ
- Layer 3 support (IP Services image): Cisco IOS Software Release 15.0(2)SE or later
Industrial Ethernet Applications and Benefits
The new Cisco IE 3010 Series is an ideal product for a variety of Industrial Ethernet applications:
- Intelligent transportation systems (ITSs): The Cisco IE 3010 supports ITS and other applications for outdoor video and traffic or transportation systems control. The switch supports compliance to NEMA TS-2, a variety of gigabit fiber uplinks, and AC and DC power input options, while Cisco IOS Software supports critical ITS features, including virtual LAN (VLAN), QoS, Internet Group Management Protocol (IGMP) snooping, and security access control lists (ACLs).
- Industrial automation: The Cisco IE 3010 is designed to support a wide array of Industrial Ethernet protocols for automation. The Cisco IE 3010 features an industrial compliance design with extended environmental ratings, convection cooling, rack mounting, redundant AC, DC or a combination of both power input, alarm relays, and surge/noise immunity. The Cisco IE 3010 software and configuration tools allow for easy setup, optimized for Industrial Ethernet applications, multicast control, traffic prioritization, and security features, specified in default templates recommended for these protocols.
- Other applications: The Cisco IE 3010 can be deployed in railway, mass transit, military, Metro Ethernet, and other applications requiring rugged design, form factor, and unique power inputs in harsh environments.
Cisco IE-3010-16S-8PC, Fast Ethernet (10/100), Power over Ethernet (PoE), Rack mounting, 1U